This position is responsible for designing mechanical assemblies for custom coating equipment.
- Design mechanical parts and assemblies according to sketches, diagrams, blueprints and other instructions using inventor 3D Cad & AutoCad 2D; including assembly drawings and part detail drawings
- Complete required documentation such as the Bill of Materials, including assignment of part and assembly numbers
- Select qualified vendors of required purchased mechanical parts such as bearings, fittings, fasteners, sensors, valves, etc.
- Procure and integrate purchased process components, i.e. Vision, Printers, Lasers, drying systems, etc.
- Provide documentation and periodic maintenance to the manuals department
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Competent in the use of 3D modeling and CAD software
- Positive Teamwork Orientation
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal and Written)
Position Type, Work Environment & Travel
- Full time, exempt
- Normal office environment
- Travel less than 10%
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.